Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bridge to Terabithia

After going to educ's baccalaureate mass, i tried visiting bro bros (miss ko na siya eh) but he's not there in Loyola House! Oh well. So I just went home and watched the Bridge to Terabithia. Here's the trailer:

I guess I'm expecting that the story would be about this new world Jesse and Leslie (the major characters of the movie) are creating. That there would be trouble in Terabithia and they have do something to save "their kingdom"..that is after watching that trailer. But in the movie, they just keep on creating new things that is far from reality. Although the mythical creatures (i.e. dragonfly warriors, dark master, giant troll, etc) makes the movie more interesting, but the kids just spontaneously use their imagination. They imagine Terabithia and then go back to reality. And that's it. Then again, the special effects are really good anyway =) But the best part of the movie is how it ended. The ending may be a bit heavy for a kiddy movie. But I didn't find it too tragic..maybe it just proves that the best way for you to become stronger is to experience to lose something you've always have..or you think you will always have. Argh! I can't put it into words. Okay here it goes: That losing something or someone must not stop you from living or in the movie, imagining one's life and make it more beautiful.

"You have to believe it and you hate it. I don't have to believe it and I think it's beautiful."


Haha. Time to go back to educ. I still have another practice at 4pm for the invocation of the graduation tomorrow. After all of this, I'll start looking for work.